E-commerce is the activity of buying or selling of products on online services or over the internet. Electronic commerce draws on technologies such as mobile commerce, electronic funds transfer, supply chain management, Internet marketing, online transaction processing, electronic data interchange (EDI), inventory management systems, and automated data collection systems.
Typical e-commerce transactions include the purchase of online books (such as Amazon) and music purchases (music download in the form of digital distribution such as iTunes Store), and to a less extent, customized/personalized online liquor store inventory services. There are three areas of e-commerce: online retailing, electric markets, and online auctions. E-commerce is supported by electronic business.
E-commerce businesses may also employ some or all of the followings:
• Online shopping for retail sales direct to consumers via Web sites and mobile apps, and conversational commerce via live chat, chatbots, and voice assistants
• Providing or participating in online marketplaces, which process third-party business-to-consumer or consumer-to-consumer sales
• Business-to-business buying and selling;
• Gathering and using demographic data through web contacts and social media
• Business-to-business (B2B) electronic data interchange
• Marketing to prospective and established customers by e-mail or fax (for example, with newsletters)
• Engaging in pretail for launching new products and services
• Online financial exchanges for currency exchanges or trading purposes.
Learn more about your customers and their shopping habits. Find their contact info and order history at a glance.
Encourage repeat shopping by enabling customer account creation at checkout. Your customers can also check out as a guest without creating an account.
Categorize and export customer lists based on location, purchase history, and more.
Connect to fulfillment solutions such as Amazon, Rakuten Super Logistics, and Shipwire, or set up a custom fulfillment solution.
Fulfill one or multiple orders with just one click, making your daily order management a breeze.
Shopify integrates with apps like Ordoro, Inventory Source, and eCommHub, making it easy to set up your dropshipping business.
Refund some or all of an order to the payment method used. Your inventory is updated automatically.
Manage on the go
Use the Shopify app on your smartphone to update your store, manage inventory, fulfill orders, and contact a customer.
Customize your automated store emails with the design and language you want.